Initial posting giving an overview of the project history here.
Continuing on from the initial post I present the first bit of the Doctor Who animated series bible for BBC Wales R&D Department. I’ll split this stuff up over a number of posts because there is rather a lot of it. As with yesterday, I won’t be re-editing it, so the grammar and spelling errors are all from the original document.
This first bit is the general introduction and character outline. I finished the whole bible on 19th January, 2003. Phil Balaam was pretty happy with it and the rest of the work the team gave him – sketches and renders all showing that we were serious about the work.
The reason I haven’t named some of the other members of the team so far is that I need to check back through my emails – basically I don’t want to miss anyone out. I will hopefully provide a full list in the next few days, then go back and edit the first post to add them in.
I was a bit upset yesterday to discover that the copies of the incoming emails on this PC have become corrupted. However I have other copies of the directory burnt to at least a couple of CDs, because natually I never wanted to lose this stuff, so hopefully I should still have all that correspondence. Plus, I do still have all my outgoing emails, complete with quoted text of what I was replying to. So worst case, I’ve got half the info, but I should have it all, it’s just a matter of finding it.
And naturally some of the others will have stuff, too. And Cliff Bowman, being at the centre of the project and managing it, hopefully has all of it! Imagine what a great guest he would make! (hint hint)